I also format both ebooks and print books and design book covers of all kinds.
For authors who are not sure what they need or who just need a little push in the right direction, I offer coaching/consulting on writing and self-publishing topics. For self-publishers, I can handle the technical aspects you need to help you get your book online and available to readers on Amazon and many other retailers (including iBooks, Barnes & Noble, and more).
The owner of Speculations Editing Services and Robisch Editorial Services (the academic branch of my business), I am a published author and independent editor with more than 20 years of experience in the publishing industry and more than 15 years of experience as a full-time, independent editor.
I have experience in many fields, including fiction, science, social studies, education, computer science, architecture, interior design, and parenting and will consider most projects.
I look forward to talking with you about yours!
- I began writing seriously at the tender age of 14.
- I helped my first author publish his book while I was still in college.
- I began work in the publishing business in 1992 and have continuously worked in different areas of the industry since 1995, training in areas of editorial, production, and marketing.
- I trained in-house as a copyeditor from 1998 to 2000 before becoming a full-time, independent editor in 2000.
- I have worked on many media types, including books, short stories, poetry, magazine and journal articles, brochures, blog posts, business publications, and websites.
- I have edited in many fields, including fiction, science, social studies, education, computer science, architecture, interior design, parenting, and business.
- I am a full member of the Editorial Freelancers Association, Copyediting-L, the Virginia Writers Club, and Blue Ridge Writers, the founder and facilitator of Skyline Writers’ Circle, and and a guest member of Copyediting.com and the Association of Independent Publishing Professionals.
I am a firm believer that learning is a lifelong process. I try to keep my knowledge extensive and up to date. Informally, I use books, podcasts, blogs, and YouTube videos to increase and sharpen my knowledge of writing, editing, and publishing. I also take formal classes when I get the opportunity to learn from skilled instructors. Some of the relevant courses I have taken are listed below:
- Copyediting Fiction (Editcetera)
- Introduction to Developmental Editing (Author-Editor Clinic)
- Digital Portraits (Paintable)
- Successful Self-Publishing from Both Sides (Editorial Freelancers Association/Ally Machate)
- Book Mapping for Developmental Editors (Editorial Freelancers Association/Heidi Fiedler)